[P] Run To the Edge
95 Posts
9 Threads
2 Years
Male
Ectomorph
Plymouth

It had been a couple of days journey from the eastern shores where he'd met Serena. The sweet wolf had been half-drowned on the shoreline when he'd found her and helped get her a bit more acquainted with the land. After that he'd found them both some food to help settle their stomachs so that they could make the journey to find his friends. It seemed their little group was coming together and he felt happy that he could play a part in that. To bring a few strangers together in comradery. It was quite the accomplishment and he had to thank Embryn for helping it to become a reality. Well, both of his friends really. It was all great!

Just over the horizon he could make out the great tree where he'd first met his fiery friend. It brought a smile to his face to think about the time that they'd spent playing tag together and getting to know one another. His tails set up a happy cadence right before he brought them both to a halt beneath the wide spreading branches. "Sit tight! I'm gonna call my friends. Ahem!" He coughed and cleared his throat quite dramatically before lifting his head and letting out a loud howl. He hoped they were near enough to catch wind of it.

Then, his head dropped and his note ended as he plopped his rear down on one of the wide roots of the tree. "Make yourself comfortable!" He said to his companion with a grin, hopefully they wouldn't be waiting too long though.

Serena Kalasyn Embryn
[Image: feather_mohawk_woof_by_solaris_meadow-dby654f.png]
9 Posts
2 Threads
Female
Ectomorph
Kit

It had been several days of walking since the two had left the ocean in pursuit of Quest’s friends and prospective pack members. Still, the two wolves making good time in their journey to the grasslands though they were hardly pushing themselves - there was no hurry, after all. They found themselves able to stop, hunt and rest whenever necessary, without causing any setbacks in their journey. Serena found her strength slowly returning to her body after her rather dangerous arrival in this new land; with each day that past, she found she could walk a little quicker, a little longer, with less need to stop and rest.

In the distance Serena could make out the spreading branches of a large tree, a solitary being looming up from the grassland. It was towards this tree that Quest was leading her, and the two wolves sheltered themselves in the shade of its many branches, and Serena was quick to settle herself on the cool grass, watching as Quest lifted his head to release a summoning call to his friends.

She gave the male a nod, before turning her attention back to the lands surrounding them. “Is this the territory you are hoping to claim for your pack?” she asked him curiously. From what she had seen so far, the grasslands were a pleasant area, though it lacked the protection of a forest. Maybe they had something entirely different in mind - Serena was keen to know.

"Speak"

Quest Kalasyn Embryn
66 Posts
4 Threads
3 Years
Female
Mesomorph
Ashon

[Takes place after Painted Pelt manifestation in Runaway Flame]

Her encounter with Eva had gone well; Embryn had hopes that she'd see the younger female again quite soon. She'd given the greyscale woman the general coordinates of the grassland, and had invited her to come visit whenever she had a mind to do so. Eva had seemed quite happy to meet up again, and had even expressed an interest in joining their fledgling pack. They'd parted on mutually enthusiastic terms; Embryn had the distinct impression that it would be difficult to be anything but enthusiastic where Eva was concerned. Thus satisfied - and doubly so, with a belly full of flamingo - and in good spirits, Embryn had turned back to the northern reaches, traversing the grasslands with a now-familiar ease. It seemed as though she had hardly set foot in the region before a distant voice rose to greet her, a long note of summons now easily identified. Quest's howl was by now familiar, and Embryn increased her pace to more swiftly intercept him - both excited and nervous, now that she had manifested yet another unnatural mutation.

Indeed, even beyond her meeting with Eva, a more lasting consequence of her impromptu hunting trip had been the pale white striations that now decorated her bonfire pelt; she no longer boasted a natural gradation of earth and fire, but bore also now the pale white flickers of flash and fantasy. The novel stripes meandered vertically across Embryn's back and sides, interrupting the autumnal coloration in coordinated artistry. She glanced back at her ivory-tipped tail, the unfamiliar and altogether unnatural pattern still occasionally catching her by surprise. She did not fear that Quest or Kalasyn would judge her for the change - but it was yet another manifestation of an unnatural addition so seemingly common to Khrusos. Thus far, she had not seen anyone with such a distinct pattern - which surely was not one that had ever occurred on any natural-born wolf. Indeed, she now rather thought that she appeared to be some odd cross of large cat and bonfire canine - the better, perhaps, to mesh with the feline pupils her golden eyes had been the first to manifest.

As the large silhouette of the knotted tree rose in the distance, Embryn noted that Quest was not alone. The unfamiliar wolf was bathed in shades of gunmetal and smoke, and as she drew closer Embryn noted also the other's warm sunset gaze. Unabashed and unashamed, the striped fae approached, her expression happily enthusiastic despite the unknown company. "Hey! No need to shout, I'm here." Her voice was warm, her golden gaze welcoming; her tail waved slowly behind her, accompanying an altogether casual posture. Her words were redolent of laughter, and she made no specific mention of her physical changes; they were obvious enough. "Who's this?" she queried instead, curiosity plain as she eyed the newcomer with interest. The unfamiliar woman was not the first that Quest had called her to meet; Embryn rather expected Kalasyn along shortly, suspecting that the shadow fae was still somewhere in the area.

Quest Kalasyn Serena
42 Posts
4 Threads
Two Years
Female
Mesomorph
Jasper

It felt like forever had passed but she was finally mostly accustomed to her fur now draping across her eye. Every so often Kalasyn found herself tossing her head slightly to that the hair would drape a little differently, offering her a better view of the world around her. It was also finally comfortable to hold her tail high enough that it could arc over and barely trail on the ground. Not long ago she had caught sight of herself on the surface of a water pool and she had been astonished. No more did she look like the small yearling who had left home for an adventure. Now she was a woman grown and Kalasyn knew that if she were to return home her own mother would have terrible trouble recognizing her.

It didn't matter though, the dark woman had no desire to return home to the land she had been born in. While she missed her family there was no place for her there anymore. Kalasyn had found a home here with Embryn and Quest, and in time there would be others as they officially began something extraordinary. While Kalasyn took no claim in any part of the pack, she knew that by agreeing to be a part of it she was helping a dream become a reality. All these thoughts danced through her head as she preened herself, grooming now took longer than it had before if she wanted to avoid painful mats in her tail.

A familiar voice beckoned her and Kalasyn stood slowly stretching her legs out in front of her. Onyx head would arch back taking the last few swipes at the base of her tail, that had grown bushier than it had been originally, before setting off toward Quest. What Kalasyn didn't know was that something was changing again and she was gaining something similar to her friend once more.

As she grew close her glowing gaze settled on Quest who hadn't seemed to change since she had last seen him, a newcomer painted in shades of gray, and Embryn who's coat now boasted a new pattern and hue since they had last been together. "Needed a change did you?" Kalasyn laughed softly as her gaze remained on Embryn for a moment. All of a sudden an itch at the base of her tail had her head snapping around her teeth grazing at the sensitive flesh to ease the annoyance. Her eyes narrowed as she finished, was the base bushier than it had been before? Was she seeing things and imagining them wrong? Quickly the thought was pushed away as she turned her attention to the new woman and Quest. "So why did you feel the need to holler for everyone huh Quest? I was having a relaxing time preening before you called." Of course, she couldn't help but smirk, whatever they were going to discuss here it would be far more interesting than grooming her tail.

[begin multi tail manifestition]

"Kalasyn Speaks"
table x manip ▶▶ claerie. stock ▶▶ Dawnthieves & Annie Spratt

Quest
95 Posts
9 Threads
2 Years
Male
Ectomorph
Plymouth

They waited for his two friends to arrive but not in silence. Serena posed a question to him and he turned those friendly green eyes on her, listening as she asked about the tree being the place they wanted to claim. "Hmm..." He tilted his head to the side, thoughtful. "Hadn't thought about it but it wouldn't be a bad place." Not necessarily. It was easy to get back to and though it was open he had seen plenty of prey here before. A decent place to claim if he ever thought of one.

His mouth opened to pose his own question to her but he never got to speak the words when Embryn showed up. He rose to his paws, tail wagging as he trotted up to her and attempted to playfully butt his shoulder against hers. "I beg to differ. How would I have known whether or not your other ear had gotten chewed off? I'd certainly have to yell then!" His said with a grin and a laugh. He looked her over then, noticing the change in her appearance with a slight widening of eyes. That was new.

He circled her, briefly distracted at her appearance and only locking out of his awed trance when Kalasyn showed up. "It fits you." He finally said with a genuine note in his voice, the eyes and her fiery pelt with those gorgeous markings. Yes. It was all Embryn. He turned away then, eyes locking on Kalasyn with his normal playful eyes. "I felt the need to holler because I have someone here I want you to meet." He returned to stand by Serena to better introduce her. "This is Serena. She wanted to meet you guys and potentially tag along with our freak show." He gave a toothy grin and a wink. "This is Embryn and Kalasyn." He gestured with his muzzle to both she-wolves when he said their names. "So, think you can hang with us?" He winked, humor laced in his eyes as he looked over at the gray gal.

Serena Kalasyn Embryn
[Image: feather_mohawk_woof_by_solaris_meadow-dby654f.png]
9 Posts
2 Threads
Female
Ectomorph
Kit

Quest was quick to answer her question, a thoughtful expression passing briefly over his features as he considered his answer - they hadn’t decided on this particular spot as their potential territory. Serena found this quite interesting; maybe they just found the spot easy to access, though not suitable for a pack. He seemed ready to speak again, but was interrupted by the arrival of another wolf - a foxlike creature, though going by the white stripes adorned upon her pelt, Serena found herself wondering if the stranger had any tiger blood in her heritage. This must be Embryn, she thought, noting the lack of long fur, and the unusual shape of her pupils.

She greeted Quest warmly, and the male met her with a friendly bump of his shoulder, but before Serena could introduce herself, an ebony draped female made her appearance. Strands of fur draped across her face, so Serena could only make out one eye; a brilliantly coloured pink - and glowing, just as Quest had said. Kalasyn.

She sat patiently as the three friends greeting each other. It seemed that some time had passed since they had last seen one another. But they did not ignore her for long, and Quest turned to introduce the wolves to her - her guesses had been correct. She dipped her head politely when the male mentioned her name, before turning her attention back onto the two newcomers. “Quest has told me of your plan to start a pack. I think I would like to join, if you would have me.” In her time in Khrusos thus far, no mutations had manifested itself upon her person - but that wouldn’t be a problem, right? “I don’t have any mutations myself… But if what Quest has told me of Khrusos is true, I doubt I will remain this way for much longer.”

"Speak"

Quest Kalasyn Embryn
66 Posts
4 Threads
3 Years
Female
Mesomorph
Ashon

Quest rose almost immediately, butting his shoulder playfully against hers. Embryn grinned, taking comfort in her friend's automatic greeting, leaning some of her weight back onto him. 'I beg to differ. How would I have known whether or not your other ear had gotten chewed off? I'd certainly have to yell then!" Embryn tossed her head high, the aforementioned ear flicking high atop her fabricated crown. "No way. I'm keeping a close eye on this one, I can't afford to lose another. They'd call me the Earless Wonder." The bonfire fae affected a mock shudder, even as Quest took in her new appearance with widened eyes. She could not help but grin and wave her tail as her friend proffered approval, warmth spreading throughout her body at his unquestioning, automatic acceptance.

Kalasyn was quick to arrive, and Embryn noted with interest the longer phalanx of fur that now shaded the dark woman's eyes - and her correspondingly bushy tail. 'Needed a change, did you?' pressed the shadowed lady. Embryn answered the other's smile with one of her own, a Cheshire grin full of manufactured mischief. "Couldn't let you guys leave me behind," she answered. In truth, however, it seemed as though they were all changing, it seemed, and quickly. Was there no end to the onslaught of mutations? Would this land simply continue to alter them, unchecked, unbalanced? Embryn probably should have been afraid, frightened, disgusted, even - but she had always held true that a wolf's appearance did not hold a candle to their personality.

Kalasyn, like Embryn, pressed Quest as to his purpose in calling them together. With the monochrome stranger as company, Embryn felt like she could probably make a pretty sound guess, and her suspicions were validated as Quest answered. 'I felt the need to holler because I have someone here I want you to meet. This is Serena. She wanted to meet you guys and potentially tag along with our freak show." Embryn grinned, her tail waving in welcome even as Quest turned to introduce them to the newcomer. “Quest has told me of your plan to start a pack. I think I would like to join, if you would have me. I don’t have any mutations myself… But if what Quest has told me of Khrusos is true, I doubt I will remain this way for much longer,' Serena said.

"That's alright! It's not like you have to be a weirdo in order to join or anything. You're welcome either way." Her feline gaze was alight with joy, with vibrant energy. "We're trying to create a place where everyone can be safe - where it doesn't matter if you have gills or wings or scales or whatever, because everyone just belongs to the same freakish family. We want a place where everyone protects each other - a place where everyone has a voice, where everyone is free to be themselves." She was enthusiastic about this; now more than ever, it looked like their pack might become a reality. Embryn looked to Quest, grinning companionably. "We'd love to have you, Serena. Though I gotta apologize in advance for Quest's warped sense of humor. Whatever you do, don't give in to calling him the Feather King."

But then - a blink. Movement at her periphery, slow and inexorable. Perhaps she only picked it up because she'd watched someone else sprout them before - but suddenly her gaze went from Serena to Kalasyn, her slit pupils narrowing as her attention focused on Kalasyn's rear end. "Hey Kal?" Her voice was flat, her tone matter-of-fact. "You're growing more tails."

Quest Kalasyn Serena