[AW] Fisherman's Secret
15 Posts
2 Threads
Female
Ectomorph
Kit

set before Run To the Edge

As their journey progressed she and Quest had found themselves passing through a marshland, though Quest was sure to keep them from the boggiest of areas so not to slow themselves down. Actually, they were making good time in their travels, and so Serena had decided that she would take some time to explore this new land. She and Quest had put good distance between themselves and the ocean now, and were on due course of meeting with his friends, and potential packmates. That morning Serena had informed her travel companion of her intent to explore the surrounding area and would return to him in a few hours, wanting to familiarise herself with the land.

She had not wandered far, and had followed the river so not to get lost - if she found herself in danger, she wanted to ensure that Quest would only be a howl away.

The monochrome woman sat crouched by the riverbank, watching a heron hunting by the reeds in the shallow waters. The bird had been standing for some time now - poised, endlessly patient, waiting for the perfect opportunity - now! Its movements were quick and fluid, striding forward on stilt-like legs and striking the water, lifting its head just a moment later to reveal its catch; a decently sized fish for a bird of its size. Satisfied, the heron moved on, disappearing into the reeds. It would eat well tonight.

The heron had made what had been quite a spectacle for the wolves look so easy - perhaps she (and Quest) could learn something from the way the waterbirds fished. Or perhaps she could just eat the waterbird. With a stretch, Serena raised herself onto her paws once again. She should head back to where Quest was - she didn’t want to keep him waiting much longer.

"Speak"

Lineart by Eredhys, Code by Kit.
9 Posts
1 Threads
Male
Endomorph
Sol

♦♦♦ Relic ♦♦♦
---------------

Serena

A scouting trip. As the pair moved further South they had decided that they would split up to explore the area a little more thoroughly and to save time. They would stay close enough that should either sibling fall into trouble, the other would be there before things got too bad. Or so that had been the original plan. Relic had asked his sister to stop her quest by midday, but he had to wonder if she could and would resist the urge to keep moving. He himself had become transfixed and eager to find a solid point to call home. It was likely that she too would become just as determined.

The rush of a river roared into ear shot. It billowed up between the trees and long grasses that cluttered the banks. As the wolf came to a stop and he thought about his path, the decision became very easy. Muscles flexed and pulled the brute's body forward, through the grasses and the trees. Thirst had suddenly taken hold of the boy. The rumbles and grumbles of the river had beckoned the wolf forth and he did answer with eagerness. Soon, the darkened paws of coal made contact with the crisp bite of the water. Tongue lapped feverishly, gulps of water being yanked into his throat. It cooled his entire body, a chill creeping down from the tip of his muzzle to the pit of his stomach. It left him with a shiver as he stood in the river.

A rustle just downstream in the reeds caught the wolf's attention. His head pulled upright and turned so he could get a better angle. A tall, long neck bird struck lightning fast at the water. The bird's beak snapped just as quick, clapping down on a silvery flashing fish. Gobbling its meal down the bird turned and strolled off into the reeds. Droplets of water fell from the boy's chin as he stood watching the majestic creature. Cranes were graceful, powerful, and delicate altogether. They looked so fragile like the wolf could just swipe his paw and break it in two. Their looks were very deceiving, though they appeared to be lanky and awkward, they were nimble and swift. Just as the bird started to vanish into the tall grasses another form appeared. Cerulean eyes shifted and locked onto the silvered pelt of a she-wolf. Relic watched her briefly. A quick huff was forced from his lungs as he called out to her. It was a gentle greeting as he moved along the sandy bank of the river. "Hello there!" Relic's voice called over the river's, it was warm and welcoming. He wasn't sure what he wanted, or why he called out to her, but something told him he should.

Speak

Code by Myriad
15 Posts
2 Threads
Female
Ectomorph
Kit

Serena was stopped before she could turn her heels back in the direction she had came. A smoky ear flicked towards the sound of a voice, and she turned her attention to its source. Rose hued eyes settled upon the form of another wolf, coloured in shades of grey not unlike herself, further up the river. Their pelts would be where their similarities ended. Where Serena was almost waif-like in her build, the stranger appeared sturdy and strong. But his voice had been friendly (and Serena believed that every stranger was a friend to be made), so with a slight wag of her tail, the she-wolf redirected her course to head in his direction. Quest wouldn’t mind waiting a little longer for her to return, would he?

“Hello.” she called her reply upon her approach. “Were you watching the heron, too?” the girl asked curiously, head dipping to the side. She was interested to know if another wolf took such a keen interest in the activities of other animals - especially those that they usually considered their prey. “I would like to learn how to fish as well as a heron, wouldn’t you?” There was much that wolves could learn a lot from the creatures around them, and that heron’s expertise in fishing was just a small example what they could accomplish. Or they could continue being simple wolves, and leave the fishing to those that did it best.

"Speak"

Relic
9 Posts
1 Threads
Male
Endomorph
Sol

♦♦♦ Relic ♦♦♦
---------------

Serena

Heavy paws began to sink into the tender earth as the wolf sloshed through the swamp. The more he moved into the reeds and tall grasses the less sturdy the ground became. He decided to move at a more angled approach, his legs spilling into the clear waters of the river. Thankfully, this river was not a behemoth and it moved with a gentle grace that did not try to sweep him away.

The girl turned and began to move Relic's way. He perked, his head pulling back as he paused in his step. He took a moment to examine her movement. It was just as welcoming and curious as his steps had been. She then called out to him, asking simply if he had been watching the heron. He looked to where the crane had been fishing, letting the scene replay quickly in his head. "Briefly, yes." He nodded as he turned his gaze back to the stranger. I would like to learn how to fish as well as a heron, wouldn’t you? She asked, her head tilting with the question. He mulled the thought over trying to decide on his answer. "I suppose,
though I grew up by the sea, I much prefer deer or elk to fish."
He chuckled softly. "But I do wish I was as skilled of a fisher as a heron. I would have had a lot less trouble from my mentor."

Relic stepped closer to the girl with a matching pelt. She looked as much like soot and ash as he did. She wore the dress better though. Her frame was delicate and sweet, while he was blocky and hard. "Are you from here?" He asked wanting to get to the meat of his investigation. Maybe she would know if there were places to stay away from or if there were places that made life easier. For now, Relic was a very simple wolf. He was just trying to survive. Watching the heron had been a detour, a moment to relish in his youth, but he had other more important things to think about. Though, he secretly craved the structure that he left behind.

Speak

Code by Myriad
15 Posts
2 Threads
Female
Ectomorph
Kit

Serena found herself nodding as he spoke; deer and elk were prey much more suited to wolves, though the process of hunting such creatures posed a far greater threat to her kind. When fishing… Well, you just get a bit wet, don’t you? So long as you were smart as to where you fished - no dangerous currents that could sweep you away forever. “Perhaps it is for the best. Fish isn’t very nice, anyway.”

She also noted, upon a closer inspection that this male was entirely unchanged, much like herself. He questioned her origins, and it appeared to Serena that the male was new to Khrusos, much like herself, and the land hadn’t had yet had the chance to take effect upon him. It was likely that he was entirely unaware of the effects the land had on those who chose to settle there. “No, I came by the sea - you are only the second wolf I have met. My friend Quest isn’t from here, either, but he has lived here from some time. He’s told me tales of what he has seen here so far.” Her mind flashed back to the image of winged reindeer, and her friend with the two tails and feathers adorned upon his pelt. “This place changes those who live here.” She knew she sounded crazy, with no proof to show him - unless she decided to take this stranger to Quest. Or she started to spontaneously grow a set of horns.

"Speak"

Relic
9 Posts
1 Threads
Male
Endomorph
Sol

♦♦♦ Relic ♦♦♦
---------------

Serena - Ooc - sorry for the delay! And the short post!

Her voice was as gentle as the breeze that brushed through their pelts. It was pleasant and welcoming. He wasn’t sure when the last time was that he talked to someone else besides his sister. There was only so much you could talk about with your twin sibling. At this point in their life they knew almost everything about the other. He wondered which of them the better fisher were, it were probably Amulet. He did not always have the patients for such things. ”No, it’s not. But it is easier to find fish.” Most of the time you just needed to find water and there would be fish.

”We traveled across the ice too. My sister and I,” he added the last bit like it was second nature. Relic figured that the girl would go on to tell him about the landscape, any major points of interest, or of any packs in the area, but that’s not what she said. Her next set of words caused his brow to furrow and his head to tilt in curiosity. ”What do you mean it changes those who live here?” He inquired. Surly she meant that it allowed others to start anew. ”Like, it gives them a second chance, or something?” He wasn’t sure if that was different of any other isolated area though. Then again, was this even an isolated land mass? Relic had not explored every bit of this land. He knew of the Tundra to the North and the forest and meadow around them. Not much more.

Speak

Code by Myriad
15 Posts
2 Threads
Female
Ectomorph
Kit

”We traveled across the ice too. My sister and I,” Sooty ears perked at the mention of a sister. “Are you travelling together?” Serena had not seen another wolf around, but perhaps she was nearby.

”What do you mean it changes those who live here? Like, it gives them a second chance, or something?”

The male’s confusion did not surprise her. Had Quest not found her upon the beach, she would not believe herself either. But she had seen the mutations upon her friend, and he was more than enough evidence of the effects Khrusos had on its inhabitants. “No, it is much more physical than that.” She knew that he would not believe her - not unless Quest had decided to see where she had wandered off to and the gunmetal male got a chance to see her strange companion himself. “It has not had any affect on me yet, but my friend Quest, he has two tails, feathers, and a mane.”

This would be easier to explain if Quest was here, but she didn’t want to disturb her friend. Quest, who would be expecting her back any minute now. “You will see soon enough.” She finished with a shrug, the male could choose to take note of her information, or dismiss her as crazy. He would learn eventually. “I need to leave now, my friend is waiting for me.” she dipped her head towards the male. “Oh- I’m Serena, it was nice speaking with you.” a final smile towards the stranger, before she turned and bounded back the way she came.

-exit Serena-

"Speak"

Relic Sorry for such an abrupt exit, but we should definitely thread again!

Hosted by isoldehn. Powered by MyBB, © 2002-2018 MyBB Group.
Top 50 Wolf RPG Top 100 Wolf RPGs SVERIGE Savagery RPG
Savagery RPG Aravae's Hollow
Hello, guest!
or Register?