Depreciation
10 Posts
2 Threads
Three Years
Non-Binary
Mesomorph
Lydian

ooc; give it up for sardonic wit honhonhon

One moment, he was roped into joining a pack without being able to so much as refuse the offer, and the next he was a lone wolf again. Rougarou, our dear sweet little Rougarou, had never been more confused in his life. Though, there was that one singular moment where he stopped to think why certain events happened to him as he was being beaten into dust for saying something along the lines of 'That's a very nice looking eye socket you have.' to a wolf who had lost an eye. Needless to say, he usually lived life thoughtlessly. What else could be expected of a man raised by a mother who was a lunatic? His priorities were screwy.

Try as he might, everything in these lands was weird and almost always frightening. If he didn't know himself better he would have called himself a coward, but there was a difference between being spineless and being irresolute. Just thinking about the time he attempted to assist a group of wolves in fending off a bear was proof enough for him. He was just a very idle bastard. Yeah, that was it.

The bright bluish green of his eyes stared back at him through the reflection of a particularly calm section of the stream. Looking at himself, he could only see his own faults. His eyes were too bright, it could be annoying to look at for too long. He was too plain, earthy colors painted over an ebony base coat. He looked like a girl. 'Rou, you've got that look again.' "Of course I do, you loon. It's my face." His tail thumped against the ground in mild irritation. Just thinking of his mother was always a bit frustrating, and look. Talking to himself. She'd rubbed off on him. "All I wish for is a tasteful spiral into insanity." The brute rolled his eyes while the tips of his ears drooped a bit. Much as she had been crazy, he somehow missed being around someone who understood his peculiarities. It was lonely, but solitude had always been his best bet. No one to hurt you, no one to hurt. No trust or comfort, no pain or betrayal.

Simplicity at it's finest.

name pronounced as rue-gah-rue/roo-gah-roo
190 Posts
13 Threads
3 Years
Male
Ectomorph
Plymouth

--

He'd wandered eastward and away from his home in the grasslands. There was a simple reason as to why, he could feel that hunger climbing back up into his throat. That burning sensation that was never gone but was sometimes more easily ignorable than others. He knew Embryn would offer him a drink from her own blood but he just couldn't bring himself to do it. Not now, hopefully not ever. So, before she could find him and offer that temptation to his body he'd set out. He was still in his right mind but that sensation was becoming stronger by the day. Soon he would have to hunt but not before he would surely find himself in the company of another wolf.

Oh what temptation it would be... but he wouldn't cave. He couldn't afford to do so again. His morals were too strong too allow him to do such a horrendous thing twice.

A voice tickled his ear, then it was the scent that lead him closer. He could see in front of him a dark, feminine shape but he knew better. This was a wolf that he'd seen before, twice over. Both times he'd left a foul impression and he was ashamed for it. Perhaps the third time was the charm?

He licked his lips as he drew near but not too close as the other studied himself in the reflection of the water. He just caught the words and though it was strange to be talking to oneself in the stream, he thought nothing of it and answered aloud, "But what about a tasteless spiral into insanity? Isn't that the more fun route?" Okay... Maybe that wasn't the best way to go about making a better third impression on someone. He probably scared the poor man shitless and not just by his quiet approach but by his mere words which his friends would know was a joke but this poor fellow? Who knew.

327| Rougarou | notes

"I Speak!"
I Think...

Wolf by Windfuchs | Textures by Hexe78
Table by Plymouth
[Image: Cheeky_Quest_bust.png]
by savage <3
10 Posts
2 Threads
Three Years
Non-Binary
Mesomorph
Lydian

ooc; Quest

Peace and quiet. Really, if he were honest with himself he would openly admit that this whole situation was dull. Sitting here, thinking, thinking some more. Skittish as he might have been, Rougarou was not the sort to enjoy watching grass grow. He still could not believe there were wolves that did that sort of thing. ’Meditation’, they called it. Oh, and also the ’appreciation of the world and everything it had to offer’. Until he saw otherwise, he would continue to assume they were loons. Who wasn’t? In his books, normal wolves were a dying species, at least in this land of mutated ladies and gents. Thankfully, Rou hadn't sprouted any horns and he certainly wasn't a walking corpse like Nikolai. Poor guy. How did he keep his food from slipping out of all those gaps? Eugh.

The endless noise of the stream flowing began to act as a sort of lullaby, blocking most other sounds out as he focused on it alone. As wonderfully exposed of a napping area as it was- it was also a little slice of comfort he would not be indulging in. He couldn't remember the last time he ever relaxed. But it was nice here, or at least those were his thoughts before a voice rang out into the air and caused Rougarou to visibly stiffen. He could feel the fur along his spine tingle in concern for his own well-being. Slowly, but not too slowly, Rou turned his skull to take a peek at his company. “Oh dear god.” Uncensored tongue blurted out, eyes widening at the sight of the feathery male he’d met more than once. Twice- twice now Rougarou had met this man under very disconcerting conditions. Both involving blood of some sort, one involving mention of how good he smelled. Mmm, yes. Rou was beginning to think he should just roll about in herbs- be prepared for the day his luck ran out. He could at least be tasty in his final moments. Ah-! He still hadn't responded! “I wouldn't taste good at all!” Deep calming breaths, otherwise he would say something that would get him in trouble. Like always. Wait a minute. Did he just say something about taste again? Oh no. Oh no. Why couldn't he keep his mouth shut!

He gulped down his anxiety for the moment, giving the other male a forced smile. "I bet you taste good though!" Rougarou wanted to bite himself for that one, but all he managed was a toothy grin and a very straightened-up posture. It should have been obvious to anyone that he was incapable of controlling his tongue. Really, it was like a curse.

190 Posts
13 Threads
3 Years
Male
Ectomorph
Plymouth

--

Just as was predicted the skittish male --for good reason-- turned with absolute terror in his emerald gaze. Quest couldn't particularly blame him. If he saw a random stranger indulging in life's more primal pleasures on more than one occasion he'd probably be petrified as well. Although, it seemed like an eternal curse had stricken he dark male as he blurted out what appeared to be the first thing that came to mind. He wouldn't taste good? He eyed the other male curiously, eyes raking over his pelt and the burning in his throat intensifying as he thought of-- And there he went again! Stop! No blood. Not now. Talking. Conversation. Friend. Don't think about drinking... No stop!

He shook his head as if to clear it before responding with, "How would you know? Have you ever tasted yourself?" Not as bad as he could have done, or gone. All things considered it was a rather neutral, playful comment that hopefully would be enough to make up for that former hungry look that had briefly taken over his gaze.

The other fellow's next comment caught him off guard. So much so that he found himself blurting out with loud, amused laughter. "Really now?" He knew the other wasn't flirting with him and Quest himself knew that he would never flirt with a male. He was firmly granted with a sole interest in females... However, he couldn't help when an opportunity so golden laid itself at his paws that he had to take advantage of it. Besides, if he couldn't allow himself to take pleasures in blood then he could certainly distract himself with amusing banter. "You want a taste?" A toothy, roguish grin accompanied his words as he gave a teasing wink.

292| Rougarou | notes

"I Speak!"
I Think...

Table by Plymouth
by savage <3
10 Posts
2 Threads
Three Years
Non-Binary
Mesomorph
Lydian

ooc; Quest

Honestly, Rougarou had expected to be shot a look of disgust or irritation. But no, oh no. The man instead retorted with banter and quite a frightening retort at that. No, he had not ever tasted himself. Maybe that was a lie, of course, he'd tasted his own blood once the ruffians finished with him. But, he wasn't keen on giving that kind of information away to this somewhat stranger. That would be like openly admitting that he was a welcome mat, ripe for being shit on. And furthermore, he was reeling from the brief sight of hunger that had overtaken the feather-ridden male's face. Ohhhh no. His tan lined ears fell back against his skull and Rougarou tried to pass off his anxiety with a dry chuckle. "Just a guess, really. It's not like I've ever tried to eat myself or anything." No. nope, not at all. Not like you probably want to. A little Rougarou snack, well- that sounded fancy to him in a disturbing way.

'You want a taste?' True to his nature, Rou could only gape as his companion. Completely unprepared and much too on edge to properly realize it was a joke, the green-eyed man nearly choked on his own tongue. "NO! Oh-uh wait, no, I mean, yes..! No- oh god." Practically sweating bullets by now, Rougarou averted his gaze to the water. Idiot! He probably tastes like Vampire or something! But that was the least of his worries. So unfamiliar with social interaction, it was a wonder how he managed to last this long with anyone but his mother. So often, those who he spoke to became inclined to shove his face into the dirt or make him eat dirt. It was one or the other, which is why this particular man's smile was a thing most terrible. He was waiting for it to turn malicious. Waiting for the shimmer of violence to spark.

Enough was enough. He felt ready to burst, and the way his lips always seemed to say the worst things would only get more problematic if this continued... Rougarou nearly drove himself mad while trying to look the other man in the eyes. "It... It's not nice to toy with your food. If you're going to eat me, which I'd rather you didn't, do it before I lose my mind." That would really be terrible, going crazy from paranoia and fear. In Rou's mind, he did not see a man who simply liked to play and be nonchalant. He saw something that looked at him as though it wanted to eat him- and it very well could. Rougarou was a rather hopeless fighter, but he was an artist when it came to begging.

190 Posts
13 Threads
3 Years
Male
Ectomorph
Plymouth

--

The poor guy! He was so nervous... and yet in his nervousness Quest couldn't help but find him amusing! "I would imagine not." He smirked, one brow raising slightly above the other at his remark. Oh, he was going to hell for this surely but at least he could have fun while doing it, right? It wasn't as if he was going to actually eat this fellow here. No. He would try his damnedest to keep himself in check and so far the distraction from the other fellow's mouth was doing the trick... mostly.

"Well, which is it? Do you want to taste me or not? I promise I'm not awful! I've gotten nothing but compliments before!" Said with a huge teasing grin and another bark of laughter. Alright, alright, fun was over. If he didn't cut it out the poor wolf was going to melt in a puddle!

The other finally seemed to have enough and demand that he didn't eat him... or if he was going to eat him to do it quickly. That just wouldn't do. Quest finally allowed his smile to almost fade away as he sank to the ground, lying on his belly as he looked up at the other male. It wasn't exactly a submissive stance but it was done to show that he meant no harm. He could hardly have a good vantage point to attack while on the ground, after all. "I'm not going to hurt you, Rougarou." His tone held a note of sincerity as he tried to meet the other wolf's gaze. "I was joking around... I'm sorry that the other times we met were under rather unfortunate circumstances but believe me. I don't want to eat, suck your blood, or otherwise hurt you. I promise I'm pretty harmless, just ask my packmates." His tone was truthful and serious."I'm in control of myself and you are perfectly safe. Are we good? Can we start over, please?" He lowered his head onto his paws, looking up at the male with large puppy-like eyes.

He didn't know if the other would believe him but it was far overdue for an apology. As fun as it was to joke around and tease the nervous fellow... it wasn't right to keep stringing him along and allowing him to think that he was going to jump out and eat him at any moment. Those few times he'd seen him bloodlusting were not the rule but the exception. He could only hope that they could put it all past them and start over.

427| Rougarou | notes

"I Speak!"
I Think...

Table by Plymouth
by savage <3

Hosted by isoldehn. Powered by MyBB, © 2002-2018 MyBB Group.
Top 50 Wolf RPG Top 100 Wolf RPGs SVERIGE Savagery RPG
Savagery RPG Aravae's Hollow
Hello, guest!
or Register?